I know this is a tough economy. I'm aware that it's probably going to get even worse before it gets better. Scott & I budgeting accordingly, but what happens if one of us gets laid off too?!
Over the last few months, rarely a week goes by without hearing about another friend or 2 losing their job or getting their hours/salary cut. It sucks and I'm all about being there to support them, but I'm on a budget too. I know my job is secure for a while (the benefit of working in a family business) so I'm a little less stressed than some of my counterparts who don't know if they'll walk into their office with a job, and leave later that same day without one! That's so scary!
I'm honestly scared to invite some friends out for dinner, drinks, concerts,etc etc because I know they can't afford it and I don't want them to feel awkward when they have to decline. But on the other hand, if I don't invite them will they feel like I'm leaving them out on purpose? This is where the survivors guilt comes in. I feel guilty if I invite them, and I feel guilty if I don't.
Anyone else out there feel the same?
*(This blog is not directed at anyone in particular. It's a general feeling I have overall right now. This was not intended to offend anyone, and I apologize if I have).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment