Friday, May 22, 2009

House maintenance & yard work. Oh boy!

So here it is, the Friday morning before a 3 day weekend. I get three, count 'em, three glorious days of rest and relaxation! I wish that were true, but once you become a homeowner, those 3 days become filled with household chores & projects. I'm not complaining mind you, because I love taking care of our investment.

Project #1: Deck work...
A. Sand, wash & re-stain the deck. Oh this will be fun!
B. Power wash back of the house and pergola.


Project #2: Garden work...
A. Select and plant herb & veggie garden. There's a reason we have fake plants inside our house--needless to say I'm nervous about our first attempt at growing food.
B. Plant new bushes in backyard garden. We removed a bunch of renegade roses (so sad) and now are looking for some low maintenance plants to plant. Suggestions anyone?
C. Remove overgrown plants in the front yard that decided to spread like crazy. Bulbs are not so fun. You plant one and 2 years later you end up with 10 in the same place overtaking everything you planted! Still pretty, but too much...

(I'll update this post with before & after pictures once we've finished the work)

Okay so that's the plan for Saturday...what does Sunday hold in store for the Graime's? A hike? A bike ride? I hope it will be something active & fun! This will be the first major test of Scott's knee since ACL surgery. Keep your fingers crossed and 911 on speed dial just in case!

Oh yeah--at some point on Saturday or Sunday I have to fit in a 10 mile run for my marathon training--those updates can be found at http://kgraime-marathonmadness.blogspot.com. Feel free to read up on how my training is going...

No comments: