Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...





I am so excited to head back to SF this weekend! It's been such a long time since I've been back. While I can't imagine living anywhere else other than Boise, I still desperately miss San Francisco. I miss the theater, the wine, the food, the shopping, the buzz/excitement of the city, the people, the list can go on and on...

I'm bummed that I'll miss seeing a couple of my good buddies while there (MB & FP), but it'll be great to catch up with friends and visit some old haunts!

So my original plan for returning to SF was to run the marathon. Unfortunately those plans were sidelined by a major injury to my left calf. I partially ruptured my soleus muscle over a month ago and still cannot run. Fortunately for me, the flights and hotel were already booked so the trip still had a green light. Now my plans are more focused on experiencing all the amazing sites I missed (read:took for granted) during my 7 years of living there. We get to catch up with dearly missed friends, visit museums, drink some much missed wine (sorry Idaho, California's wines kick your a$$), maybe even see a show.

So get ready San Francisco. The Graime's are coming to town!

No comments: