Friday, October 16, 2009

Babies, babies, babies!

I guess I'm at that age where my friends are starting to have kids.  For the most part bridal showers have been replaced by baby showers.  Wedding announcements have been replaced by birth announcements.  It's official:  It's baby season!  Last year at this time, I knew of 1 person who was pregnant.  Currently I know a handful who have kids and can't count on one hand how many more are preggars.  Does that mean it's my turn next? Is there something in the water?

Okay let me clarify, out of my closest friends, only one is pregnant.  The rest are still happily child free.  I noticed an interesting trend the other day...my friends who live on the coast and in major cities (SF, Seattle) are just now starting to couple up.  Some are single, some are dating, some are getting married in 2010, but none of them have kids!  It's only my friends in the inside states who are having kids now.  Is that normal?  Are bigger, coastal cities behind?  Or do they know something my friends elsewhere don't know?  I can tell you if I was still living in SF, having a baby would be the furthest thing from my mind.  But now that I'm no longer living in the middle of a metropolis, having a kid seems like a natural next step. 

I know some people are born knowing they want to be a mother/father.  I guess I wasn't born with that burning desire to pass along my DNA.  Do I think I'd be a good mother?  I sure hope so!  And I will try my hardest to be the best mother I can to future baby Graime.  And until that time comes when I am preggars, I'm going to go enjoy a cocktail with a few of my friends tonight!

No comments: