Monday, December 7, 2009

OMG I'm 30!!!


Georges Clemenceau once said "Everything I know I learned after I was thirty."  I'm not so sure I believe him, but I hope I learned enough before I turned 30 to make these next years worthwhile!

So while nothing of note happened on the actual day I was born (well with the exception of my arrival of course) I thought it would be interesting to learn what did happen on my birthday in years passed.

1732- The Royal opera house opens in London
1787- Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the US Constitution
1941- Attack on Pearl harbor (no wonder I tend to crave sushi on my birthday?)
1982- The first person is executed by lethal injection

I do share a birthday with singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles.  Other people born on my bday, but not the same year, are Larry Bird, Richard Sears (founder of Sears department store), and Terrell Owens.  Not so sure I'm so proud of that last name, but thought I'd mention him anyway. 

So that's it.  I am 30 years old.  It's not so bad.

No comments: