Monday, November 30, 2009

It's official: I'm a twi-hard

I swore up and down that I would never get sucked into the whole Twilight Saga phenomenon.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good book and try to finish one to two a month, but what I didn't expect is being able to read two 500+ page books in less than a week.  I'm hooked!  I can't wait to get started on the next two books!  What's going to happen?

Okay so I've read a number of books this year, many of which I didn't want to put down either, but there is something about the Twilight Saga that ropes you in and takes you for a ride.  And then there are the movies.

Yesterday I decided to rent Twilight and see if the movie could bring to life what I had in my head.  Before the movie started, I honestly didn't think Robert Pattinson was the correct pick for Edward, but once the movie started I saw he was perfect for the part!  I loved how all the vampires were beautiful, but all in a slightly quirky way.  As soon as Twilight ended, Scott and I (yes he watched Twilight with me and enjoyed it) went to see New Moon.  Talk about what a difference having a larger budget can make!

It was wonderful seeing a movie so close after reading the book.  I've sometimes found it difficult to really enjoy a movie based on a book I've read as they can't include all the details I feel are so important to the story, but there's always something so magical about seeing the characters you've seen in your head come to life.  So there it is, I can't wait to start reading Eclipse followed by Breaking Dawn and will eagerly anticipate the release of the movies next year!

Oh, and if you're curious... Team Edward!

12/1 Update: Make that 3 books in one week...

12/2 Update: 4 books! 

No comments: