Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Recap of goals for 2009


So I made a post about a year ago about 8 goals I wanted to reach during 2009.  Here's a little recap of how those went:

1-Wake up with my alarm.  Result:  So much better!  While I still need some work, I get up with my alarm 4 times out of 5.  I'll take those odds.

2- Run my first marathon.  Result:  Injured while training.  Oh well.  I still managed to run 2 half marathons and hope to continue that trend every year for the rest of my life!

3- Get to my comfortable size.  Result: Epic Fail!  I was so on my way, but fell of the wagon hard.  I may need to tweak that goal for 2010

4- Debt-free & contribute to savings.  Result: I opened an IRA and am contributing monthly.  Debt is almost gone!  Boy does that feel wonderful knowing each month we are that much closer to being 100% debt free!

5- Stay involved in the organizations I joined in 2008.  Result: Holy cow I'm more involved that I ever imagined!  I am now in leadership positions in Junior League of Boise and the Boise Tri Delta Alumnae Association.  I am also a member of the BYP community and civic involvement work team.  I love giving back to the community.  It is so incredibly rewarding!

6- Be more of a lady (i.e. no more burping, etc in front of others).  Result:  Success!

7- Keep my side of the closet clean.  Result: It is now on my list of household chores that get completed every Sunday.  Could it still use work on a daily basis?  Sure, but at least it gets picked up at least once a week!

8- Get back on my bike.  Result:  I started riding again!  I even fell a couple times with no injuries.  I'm already looking forward to riding more once it warms up again!  Until then, spin class works.

No comments: