
So here it is, December 30, 2008. At 11am tomorrow an eye doctor will reattach my father's retina. How that really works I'm not sure of, but I keep learning all I can from the Internet. Let's hear it for the world wide web! I do know that he's not supposed to work for 1-2 weeks and not travel for at least 3 weeks! Anyone who knows my dad knows this will be a huge challenge for him as he's always working and always on the move. Maybe this will be a much needed break! Yes this is added stress that he doesn't need, but at least he'll be forced to slow down.
I'm nervous. I know this doctor has preformed this surgery over and over and over again, but this is my dad we're talking about! The procedure is done under local anesthesia and he gets to go home the same day. I know it's natural to be nervous, but I'd really like to be there. Anyone have an extra $400 bucks you want to throw my way...? No? It was worth a shot.
*sigh*
Okay- chin up. He's getting it fixed the last day of the year so he starts off 2009 with a newly fixed eye! Always 'look' on the bright side of life!

1 comment:
Update:
Surgery went great. They attached the retina and he should be as good as new in a few weeks!
Post a Comment