There's nothing as exciting as setting a plan of action and seeing it through. But what happens when you have the plan, but can't seem to find the motivation to execute said plan? I have it all mapped out---it's even on my calendar and there are specific, measurable, attainable goals to reach, yet my shear lack of motivation is paralyzing---literally!
For example...get back to the gym. I had a great pattern of going to the gym Tue, Wed & Thu mornings at 6am. What better time to get back into that program than now since I've been cleared to run again?! The alarm is set for 5:15am, I go to sleep at a reasonable hour, the alarm goes off...snooze...snooze. No more snooze, but I reset my alarm for an hour later at 6:30am. Okay so I'll go to the gym after work. Alarm goes off at 6:30am... snooze... snooze... snooze! Crap! It's 7am and I generally leave for work by 7:15. So not only am I having issues getting to the gym in the morning, but getting out of bed so I can arrive at work on time is a whole other issue! Not good.
The best of intentions are just that...intentions. I have every reason to get back into my routine - I feel better, I preform better at work, my clothes fit better, I am healthier, etc. So why am I struggling with getting out of bed? Now I've heard all the suggestions before. From putting the alarm across the room to setting the alarm early just so I can snooze - none of them work. I guess I just need to get up and get.
Okay motivation...one more chance this week. Tomorrow is Thursday. None of this 'I'll start again next week' bull$#!%, tomorrow morning at 5:15am (okay 5:30) I will get out of bed and head to the gym. Did you hear that motivation? That's not just a challenge--it's a threat!
UPDATE: Apparently my motivation doesn't respond well to threats... here's to a new week and starting off on the right foot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have faith in you!!!!!
Post a Comment