1. Junior League of Boise

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about joining Junior League after all the stories I've head about it being an "elitist" group. After joining, I've learned this group of women just open and welcoming! If you want to make a difference in your community, this is the group for you! Not only do they specialize in a 'signature project' that currently incorporates the Department of Health & Welfare, there are many more volunteer/community service projects and events that benefit the entire Treasure Valley! I highly recommend you learn more about this incredible group of women, and better yet, come learn what we're all about at our next Membership outreach meeting in September. For more information, please visit www.jlboise.com
2. Boise Young Professionals

After relocating to Boise in 2007, I was on the lookout for individuals who had similar professional goals and personal aspirations. Boise Young Professionals was a perfect fit. Not only have I met some of my closest friends through BYP, but I’ve been able to participate in numerous local community service events organized in conjunction with BYP. I am constantly looking for ways to give back to a community that has welcomed me with open arms and BYP is the perfect resource for finding those opportunities. I even joined the civic & community involvement work team to get more involved! To learn more about BYP, please visit www.boiseyp.org
3.Tri Delta - Boise Alumnae Association

One of my best experiences in college was join a sorority. Now I am able to continue building meaningful relationships with women who share a common bond. Being a fan of volunteering, I became the latest Philanthropy Chair and am already trying to find new and exciting ways to help our community and target philanthropy --The Ronald McDonald House.
I can't tell you how much joining these three organizations has changed my life for the better. I hope you can find time in your schedule to join one of these groups, or find one that best suits you! Volunteering = Karma and we all could use a little extra karma these days!

No comments:
Post a Comment